Adoption and Social Security Card

Adoption and Social Security Card

How do I obtain a new social security card and number after the adoption is finalized?

Once you have the new birth certificate, you can visit your local social security office and obtain a new social security card with your child’s new name and social security number. The Social Security Administration will need to review the new certified birth certificate and the certified Final Judgment. For more information regarding obtaining a new social security number, please visit our Resources page for a link to the Social Security Administration.

Mary K. Wimsett is an experienced and compassionate Florida adoption lawyer, mother, and wife who has helped hundreds families through the adoption process.

If you have a question about adoption that is not answered on our website contact a Florida Adoption Attorney today. Email, call 352-414-4100 or connect on a social network with the Florida Adoption Law Office of Mary K. Wimsett today to learn more about how they can help guide you through the legal process of adopting in Florida. All contact with our office is completely confidential.

Return to Adoption Frequently Asked Questions

Let us help your family through this process.

Contact Us for a Consultation