Frequently Asked Adoption Questions
Adoption FAQ | Gainesville, Ocala, Jacksonville | Adoption Attorney
As an Experienced and Understanding Florida Adoption Law Firm, we know there are a lot of uncertainties. These are a few of the questions about adoption we are most often asked at the Law Office of Mary K. Wimsett. Just click on the question to be directed to the answer to your question about adopting a child in Florida.
- What is the first step after deciding to adopt?
- After I decide upon an adoption agency or adoption attorney, what are the next steps?
- What is an Adoption Home Study?
- How much does an adoption home study cost?
- How long after the birth mom consents does she have to change her mind in the State of Florida?
- Is there a way to guarantee the birth parents will not withdraw their consent before the baby is born?
- How long will it take for our family to find/match a child to adopt?
- What is the adoption tax credit?
- After the adoption is finalized, how do I obtain a new birth certificate?
- How do I obtain a new social security card and number after the adoption?
- Does an expectant mother who is under 18 have to obtain the permission of their parents?
CALL TODAY FOR A FREE INITIAL ADOPTION CONSULTATION
If you have a question about adoption that is not answered on our website contact our Adoption Law Firm today. Email, call 352-414-4100 or connect on a social network with the Florida Adoption Law Office of Mary K. Wimsett today to learn more about how they can help guide you through the legal process of adopting in Florida. All contact with our office is completely confidential.